We are now open for bookings, but sadly due to social distancing policies your Beckets Barn experience may be a little different.
As we only have the one suite and it is separate from our main living accommodation we are already well placed to successfully protect you and ourselves. But initially we will be opening at weekends only to allow for 72 hours between each guest. We will undertake a thorough deep clean after each stay to ensure that all possible sources of infection have been eliminated. We may be able to offer a three-day weekend but you will need to contact us directly to arrange that.
We are also planning:-
- breakfast delivery to the suite only, to be ordered the evening before via email
- we will no longer clean the suite during the stay and we ask guests to strip the bed, put towels in the laundry bag provided, leave windows open on departure and leave the key in the door
- all payments will be taken electronically through the Stripe secure payment system
- any refills of water, milk, tea and coffee should be requested by email
- hand sanitiser and extra hand-soap will be available in your suite
- we are hoping to keep the gym and swimming pool open during your stay subject to government regulations
- as local restaurants may not be open properly during your visit please make use of the suite’s full kitchen facilities and new for 2020 we are providing a charcoal barbecue for sole use of guests (with enough charcoal for one barbecue) which you can enjoy on the suite’s patio.
We will need written assurances from you by email the day before arrival that you have not been in contact with any potential covid-19 cases and that you haven’t been contacted through track and trace. Please do not use Beckets Barn as a means to self-isolate. If you develop covid symptoms within 14 days of your stay, it is vital you let us know by email or phone.
We have over the last year really enjoyed meeting and interacting with all our lovely guests, so it is with great sadness that for the time being we cannot continue in the same way. Hopefully it won’t be too long before we can properly welcome you to Beckets Barn.
Keep safe and well,
Janet and David
ps – sadly due to the heavy rain over the winter, the koi carp pond suffered permanent damage. This means we have had to say goodbye to our lovely fishy friends. We are replacing it with a sunken garden complete with water feature and braii that can be used by our guests, but this may not be ready this year.